Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Track 02 "Country Wind" - 'One Way' Album Preview



NOTES

Because I have the attention span of a 6 year old, my style of writing is generally very fast moving melodies, chord changes and instrumentation. But with "Country Wind," I basically stay on one chord throughout (C7 for the music dorks), and slowly built the arrangement, starting with drums and bass and then adding pedal steel, acoustic guitar, organ, horns. So as a Double Dare challenge, try to spot when certain instruments enter throughout the tune... Mark Summers will greet the winner next week with a bucket of Gak...

FACTS
Music, Horn Arrangements and Lyrics by Danny Ross
Written in 2006 in Ithaca (Age 21)
Inspired by: Wilco, Ryan Adams, The Beatles
Produced by Rob Guariglia and Danny Ross
Piano Recorded at The Bunker Studios;
Engineered by Aaron Nevezie
All Else Recorded Spring 2008 at Galuminum Foil Productions;
Engineered by Jeff Berner

Instrumentation:
Danny Ross – Vocal, Piano
Carl Basler – Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar
Fred Kennedy - Drums
Matt Wigton - Bass
Bob Hoffnar - Pedal Steel
Dave Melton - Organ
Mike Maher - Trumpet
Evan Smith- Tenor Sax
Paul Nedzela - Bari Sax

LYRICS

I’m taking a ride, I don’t know where

And taking my time cause I don’t care

Singing along a melody

Through the apple mountainside

I’m gonna be alright


Hearing steel guitars and roving steer

I want to burn the bridges that led me here

Those city nights in black and white

I need to be outside

This fresh air feels so right


And I’m breathing in

Driving through the country wind


Well I’ve only got this truck to save

It’s a lonely road but mine to pave

And in between those yellow lines

That burning sun is mine

This highway feels so right


And I’m breathing in

Driving through the country wind


I think I’ll live a simpler life

Maybe this old town and meet a wife

White picket fences in July

Under buzzing power-lines

This dirt road feels so right


Play "Country Wind” and the whole album now at the new http://www.dannyrossmusic.com
One Way will be available October 6, 2009.

And get a free mp3 when you buy tickets online to the ‘Danny Ross Presents One Way’ Record Release Show Saturday September 12, 2009 with a 15-Piece Band and Orchestra at The St. Mark’s Church: https://dannyrossmusic.ticketleap.com/oneway

No comments: