Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Danny by Danny Ross (DXDR) Part 2 of 5: The Official Movie

Hey folks, this is my 5 part recollection of our trip to the South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival in Austin, TX from March 16-21. I'll talk about the shows I played, the dozens of bands I saw perform (and can recommend while it's still early), and the hilarious people I met in Austin.


Part 2 features a film shot and edited by my good friend Sandeep Ayyappan. It's an interesting collage of live show performances with the band, an acoustic show, a rehearsal and an impromptu visit to a Beatles Ukulele concert (they wouldn't let me leave!). Altogether, it's an excellent summation of the types of shows a singer/songwriter can play, and hopefully gives some insight into the process. Hope you dig folks - and please do comment below with your thoughts, and maybe your favorite Beatles song.



Danny Ross Does SXSW: Part 1




Danny Ross Does SXSW: Part 2:





No comments: